Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become
permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to
come to Canada if

 you’re at least 18 years old and a:
 Canadian citizen or
 permanent resident of Canada
If you’re eligible, you can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent
children to become permanent residents of Canada.
If you do, you must be able to:
 support them financially
 make sure they don’t need social assistance from the

o If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you
must show that you plan to live in Canada when the
persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
o You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident
living outside Canada.

 You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance
for reasons other than a disability
 you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to
If you submit the interest to sponsor form and you’re invited to submit
a complete application, you can sponsor your parents and
grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada.
Income requirement
In most cases, there isn’t an income requirement to sponsor your
spouse or partner or dependent child. You only need to show that you
have enough money to meet the income requirements if:

 you’re sponsoring a dependent child that has 1 or more
dependent children of their own, or
 you’re sponsoring a spouse or partner that has a dependent
child, and their dependent child has 1 or more children of their

Translate »